From 20 May 2018 you may receive a test report from your CVR testing centre showing that the test result is ‘Pass pending recheck of minor deficiencies’.
This means that the CVR Testing Centre only found minor defects when testing your vehicle. That is no major or dangerous defects were found. In the case of minor deficiencies (defects) only your vehicle doesn’t need a retest. However, you must return to the CVR testing centre where the original test was conducted and show that you have had the minor defects repaired. There is no time limit on bringing your vehicle back for this recheck.
Procedure and cost
The following is the procedure in these cases:
• Your original test report with the result of ‘Pass pending recheck of minor deficiencies’ will clearly list the minor deficiencies identified on your vehicle.
• We won’t send you the CRW – we’ll put it on hold.
• You must get the minor deficiencies rectified.
• You must return with your vehicle to the testing centre where the original CVR test was carried out to have your vehicle rechecked to confirm that the minor deficiencies have been rectified.
• Once the CVR tester confirms that the minor deficiencies have been rectified, we will give you a pass statement and we will automatically send the CRW to the current registered owner of the vehicle.
As this isn’t a retest, there is no time or mileage restriction on when you must return your vehicle to the testing centre
Book your test now