Preparing to book

Before you can book your ADR test, your vehicle must have passed its HCV test and you must have your CRW.

The date your current ADR expires is the date when your annual ADR testing is due.

How to book

You can book your test online with My CVRT, which saves you time and postage. Here’s how:

1. First, register for My CVRT, our online system

2. Enter your vehicle details and select your preferred ADR test centre. This is when you can add an HCV test if you wish.

3. Choose your ADR certificate category and vehicle category

4. Enter your declarations. This is where you can upload all your declaration documentation and certificates

5. Book your vehicle’s ADR test in 3 easy steps

  • Choose a date for the test
  • Make your ADR payment: to the RSA for processing
  • Make a preliminary booking & the test centre will confirm

We accept VISA and Mastercard. Please note, we do not accept American Express or Diners Club cards

Visa Mastercard_small.jpg

Replacement ADR Certificates

If you lose or damage your ADR certificate you must apply for a replacement certificate. No re-test is required provided that there are no changes in the vehicle or the owner/operator. The replacement certificate is issued for the fee of €36.30 made payable to RSA and submitted to address below.

Extension of ADR Certificates

You must return your original ADR Cert for extension with required documents to:

ADR Unit,
Vehicle Standards Section,
Road Safety Authority,
Moy Business Park,
Primrose Hill,
Dublin Road,
Co. Mayo.

Remember! - The person presenting the vehicle for its test is now required to produce Presenter I.D. in the form of a valid Driving Licence, Passport or Public Services Card at the test centre.

The cost of an ADR test, including the certificate is:

  • €91.50 – processing costs, payable to the RSA
  • €93.01 – for the test itself, payable to the test centre

If your certificate is lost or stolen, you’ll need to pay:

  • €36.30 – to the RSA for the replacement certificate
  • €17.72 – to the test centre to validate the certificate

If your vehicle passes

My CVRT, our online system, will send a notification to an RSA ADR administrator. Then we’ll send the ADR certificate to the transport company.

If your vehicle fails

You’ll get a list of the vehicle’s faults. You’ll need to get those faults fixed and bring the vehicle in for a re-test.

The re-test could happen the same day (depending on the faults), but a re-test must be at least within 14 days of the initial one.

Re-test cost:

  • Doesn’t require use of a pit = no charge
  • Requires use of a pit = Half of the original test fee

Depending on your vehicle and the type of dangerous goods it is designed to transport or carry, the examiner’s test may include:

  • Flammability
  • Fuel tanks
  • Tanks
  • Electrical connections
  • Towing coupling
  • Exhaust systems
  • Combustion heaters
  • Brakes
  • Body
  • Engine
  • Speed limitation devices
  • Tachograph
  • Rear protection devices

Chat to Chris!